The blossom is out, the sun is shining and the days are getting longer – its official, Spring has sprung! The other day when walking through the centre of Oxford I came across this magnificent cherry blossom. It was surrounded by tourists and locals alike taking photos and selfies and getting into ridiculous poses trying to get a good snap of themselves and the blossom. So of course I whipped out my camera and joined them. I love the candy pink blossom against the bright sky blue and later when I was looking through my pictures it reminded me of summer. Of sunny blue skies and ice creams on the beach, paddling in the sea and sunbathing with a good book. And after reading Anna’s post over on “The Cornish Life” I decided to write my own list of things I’d like to do this summer.
1. Go swimming in the sea/wild swimming – I am spending the summer in Herefordshire and Scotland and a little bit in Cornwall so I’m hoping there will be a few opportunities for me to don my spotty swimsuit and jump about in the waves.
2. Eat plenty of ice cream – does this even need an explanation? I think not.
3. Watch the sunset and rise in one night – Me and my boyfriend have both always wanted to see a sunrise properly from a hill (not just on the way back from a night out) so we have decided one night this summer we will climb a big hill and watch it set, curl up in blankets under the stars and then watch the sun rise again.
4. Go on a hack on the Malvern Hills – I have been riding since I was about 7 and one of my favourite things to do especially in summer is go on a hack. And having just recently moved to Hereford I can’t wait to go for a hack on the Malvern Hills.
5. Write write write – I have been trying to finish my children’s book for a very long time (bearing in mind I wrote the initial story when I was 10) so I’ve set myself a task of writing everyday this summer to try to get it done.
6. Go for drives with the roof down – I think its pretty obvious that this is something I enjoy and me and my boyfriend have planned many summer drives in Scotland and Hereford in Clifford (the best car ever!). I doubt we will have his roof up at all this summer!
These are just a few of the things I hope to get up to this summer. What are you looking forward to this summer? I’d love to hear your plans.
Bye for now!