After writing my Night Time Routine I thought it would also be good to share a little bit about my morning routine or why I get up early. I never used to be an early bird in fact I would tend to stay in bed till gone 10am on my days off and sometimes when I know my body really needs that I will do it. But I find if I sleep in too much my body can become very sluggish and tired through out the day and so I try to get up as early as I can. To me it’s all about balance and listening to your body, now I am more in tune with my bodies needs I am able to know if I need a little extra lie in or if it would in fact be better for me to wake up early. I do try to get up at a similar time every day normally between 7:30 and 8:00 because I like my body to have a routine it can get used to. Obviously this doesn’t work for every, everybody is different and what works for me won’t work for all but I thought I’d share the benefits for me. I hope you enjoy!
1. Its calming – for me waking up early with the birds singing and the quiet stillness is extremely calming. I love the house being so quiet and tip toeing around as I get ready enjoying the sun slowly creeping up. I find its a great relaxing way to start my day.
2. You can do more – If you get up early you can often fit in those things you can’t seem to find the time to do. Sometimes I get up and I write, or I read a book or I finish that blog post I haven’t had a chance to sort out. Its a great way of fitting in the things that you love doing whatever they may be. For ages I found it very hard to fit my daily bible study in but now I do it every morning when I wake up and I feel great that I am able to do something I love each day when I first wake up.
3. You can fit in a work out – I used to be one of those people who hated working out and now I love it. I find it so relaxing and it really sets me up for the day. I normally go for a jog or I do yoga and I find this is such a great way to start the day. I feel energised and amazing as I’ve already accomplished something for the day even if it was just a quick 10 minute yoga session.
4. You have time for a healthy breakfast – for years and years I didn’t eat breakfast and now I can’t get enough of it. I love to start my day with some form of protein normally eggs and I also love a bit of fruit. I find this really sets me up for the day and I don’t feel so starving hungry when it comes to lunch or feel the need to snack all morning. I love giving myself the time to nourish my body.
5. You don’t rush – I used to be one of those people that would fly out the door, no time for breakfast, not time for anything, forgetting half my lunch and only just finishing my hair. Now I leave the house feeling relaxed, rested and proud of myself for achieving that run or finishing that blog post. I’m not hungry or worrying about fitting in some breakfast before work, I am completely calm and ready to take the day on.